Happy 2nd Birthday
Laney Morgan
Left: 1st b-day Right: 2nd b-day
Celebrating your second birthday is a bitter sweet moment for your Dad and I. We miss rocking you, giving you a bottle (which you didn't want to give up until 1 1/2 years old) and most recently snuggling ALL night in your king sized bed! That's right folks....Miss Laney Morgan is sleeping most all night, every night in her own bed! After two years, I guess you think you are such a big girl now you need your own space. This has been quite the adjustment for your Dad, Laney. He misses snuggling with you at night....so much, that he waits until I fall asleep to sneak you in the bed sometimes! Silly Daddy!
Watching you explore, learn new things, and express your love to us and the rest of the family are the sweet moments. I do look forward to you growing up, but just not so fast! As my grandparents used to say, we need to put a brick on your head!
The things you LOVE:
Baby Dolls
(You are so nurturing to your babies...shows you'll be an amazing Mom someday)
Singing Songs
(Jesus Loves Me, ABC song, Where is Thumbkin, Itzy Bitzy Spider)
Playing with purses and all the things that go in them
(You have about 5 purses of your own, but Mom's is always the best)
Helping Mom Cook
(You love to climb on the stool and watch Mommy cook, you even help with stirring and making more messes)
Listening to Daddy's stories
(This is a new part of our nighttime routine. You listen so intently to Daddy's stories. So far, your favorite story is Jack and Bean Stalk)
Riding on the tractor, lawn mower and 4-wheeler
(Even though you like to have your nails painted, Me and your Dad LOVE that you don't mind getting dirty and doing not-so-girly things!)
Dora The Explorer, Tinker Bell, Mickey Mouse Club and Andy Griffith
(Mom and Dad had a little influence on the last one, but you do love Andy and Barney!)
Cupcakes, Muffins, Bananas and Ketchup
(We have to keep one of these on hand at all times!)
Cute things you SAY:
I love you sooooo much!
Getcha, Getcha (when you want to be picked up)
Thank you sooooo much!
I want to go see..(EVERYBODY can insert their name here!) :)
I want iPad (yes, our child is addicted to technology...just like the rest of us!)
I want my Buuuunnnnie (can't go anywhere without our bunny blanket)
Flouler = Flower
Passiee = Pacifier
4-Leeler = 4-Wheeler
Peela = Pillow
Opit = Open
Fleminade = Lemonade
Lady-Poly = Roly Poly
Oh No!
Oh my goodness!
What's that sound?
You can count to 12 (when you want to)
When asked how old you are, you've been saying "Two my old"
As you can see, this past year has been most exciting and we look forward to what this next year has in store! We love you sooooo much Laney Morgan! Happy 2nd Birthday!
![]() |
| Your Daddy started the tradition of measuring your height every year on your birthday and putting a tick mark in his closet. |
| You measured in at 32 1/2" tall!! |
| Your birthday theme was Bumble Bee's and lots of fun color! |
| This is your Bee Hive cake I made you. |
| Happy Birthday to me! |
| Sassy Pants |
![]() |
| Beautiful Fall picture! |
| This is how excited you got when family started to arrive for your party! |
| You huffed and you puffed and you blew your candles out! |
| Laney and her sweet cousins! |
![]() |
| Pee-pie! |







Laney...you have changed from a baby to a little girl this past year...you are so much fun, so smart, so sweet & such a little Angel! LMR...you make my heart smile! I love you so very much, Your Bebe
ReplyDelete