Thursday, January 20, 2011

Boy or Gurl...

I was 20 weeks pregnant and finally got around to the much anticipated appointment.  Was Baby Roach going to be a bouncing baby BOY or giddy little GIRL?!?  After fifteen minutes of viewing and measuring the baby in the womb, Brian couldn't stand it any longer!  He said to the nurse, "If you know what this baby is, you've got to tell me now because the suspense is killing me!"  The nurse grinned and said IT'S A GURL!  Brian sighed with relief to finally know (he does not like surprises) and my mind was running ninety to nothing with thoughts of precious nursery decor.

I was determined to name her more than ever now.  Brian and I couldn't decide between Emma Grace (Brian's vote) or Laney Morgan (Callie's vote) so we wrote our votes three times on post-it-notes and dropped them in a cropduster mug.  Brian let me draw...and Laney Morgan it was!

I know that her name was chosen by God already, but was reinforced by fate when a family friend went to visit my Pops' grave and noticed a street sign across from the cemetery....


A "sign" that Laney was a perfect name!
















No comments:

Post a Comment